NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to ETIX Digital Sdn. Bhd.(Registration Number 202301002398 (1496317-T)) (herein after referred to as “ETIX”, “our”, “us” or “we”) as a data user. For the purposes of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning prescribed in the PDPA.
This written notice (“Notice”) is issued by us and serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of ETIX.
- Provision of Personal Data We will collect information about you that you provide to us when using our website (mobile and desktop) (collectively, "Site"), such as your name, age, gender, national registration identity card (NRIC) number, passport number, date of birth, address(es), email address(es), contact number(s), bank account(s), credit card number(s), and any other details that you have provided or may provide us from time to time.
- Purposes of Processing ETIX may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:-
- Provide you with the requested services, such as creating a user account, processing and confirming your order/transactions.
- To communicate with you via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- For administrative purposes;
- To conduct internal activities;
- To process and analyse your Personal Data for market surveys and trend analysis;
- To inform you of any changes or updates to our products, goods, facilities, programmes, services and/or loyalty incentives which may affect you;
- Send you email marketing communications or information about products and services that we think you may find useful or relevant to you
- To market and promote the products, goods, facilities, programmes, services, loyalty incentives, and/or such other activities as you may have requested and /or may be offering by ETIX, business partner and show/event organizers/promoters;
- To prevent and detect fraudulent transaction(s);
- Other legitimate business activities of ETIX; and /or
- Other purposes which the ETIX may reasonably deem fit;
- Disclosure to Third Parties
For purposes as described herein and to facilitate the provision of the various products, goods, facilities
- Other entities where we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to;
- ETIX’s third party service providers and vendors;
- show/event organizers/promoters and business partners; and/or
- assisting you in relation to any insurance application;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to ETIX
- Cookies Our Site may use and allow third parties to place cookies (session and persistent), pixels/tags, SDKs, application program interfaces ("APIs"), and other technologies (collectively, "Cookies") on our Site that may collect and store certain information about you. Some of these Cookies are necessary to provide, secure, and maintain the basic functions of the Site, such as to keep you logged in while your visit our Site (“Functional Cookies”).
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may access and request for correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:Designation of the contact person: Customer Service
E-mail address: [email protected]
In accordance with the PDPA:
- We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes. If you would like us to discontinue processing your personal data kindly contact us within 14 days from the date of this Notice.
Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us, and you agree to use your best endeavors to do so.
By visiting our Site, we may also automatically collect certain usage information, such as your IP address, geographic data, country, metadata, logs files, error logs, search preferences related to specific searches, browser, and information about your device's operating system, language settings, and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device to access our mobile optimized Site, we might also collect information that identifies your mobile device, such as the device ID, location of the device (with your consent), and device-specific settings and characteristics.
We will obtain your Personal Data when you provide your Personal Data in any way or manner including pursuant to any transactions and/or inquiries made with us.
We may also receive and store your Personal Data when you enter the ETIX’s websites, social networking sites and/or blogs.
We may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties (show/event organizers/promoters, business partners, service providers & vendors), for reasons including delivery of ETIX’s services (for example, process the ticket(s) with payment), performance of conditions of sales and/or to comply with the ETIX’s conditions of sales.
This Site data is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve ETIX, the services we provide and to enhance your experience by providing you with better services and benefits that you shall be entitled to. To the extent that such Site data is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, such Site data will be treated as non-personal data.
When you register an account or otherwise provide us with your personal data, we may also use the personal data to send to you marketing and/or promotional materials about us and our services from time to time. You can opt out of receiving the marketing communications from us at any time by using the 'Unsubscribe' function within the electronic marketing material.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. You understand and consent that your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Malaysia to those third parties with whom ETIX share it as described in this PDPA.
When you access certain pages of the Site or purchase ticket(s), you may be required to sign in, using an ID and password. Once you signed in, ETIX will record your ID in the cookie file on your computer if you checked the box entitled “Remember me”. Permanent cookie files remain on your computer's hard drive until you manually delete the file.